El Jadida Day Trip from Casablanca!
EL Jadida, previously known as Mazagan, this coastal city was seized in 1502 by the Portuguese army and was controlled by them until late 1769, date when the Portuguese has abandoned their last territory in Morocco.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||From/To your hotel|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8:00 AM|
|RETURN TIME||5:00 PM (approxi.)|
AC TransportationTour Guide
TippingNon Specified Services
Pure Morocco driver will pick you up from your hotel in Casablanca if you are already staying in this city or from the port if you just arrived. Departure to El Jadida. Upon arrival, you will be joind by your local guide before starting the visit. When Portuguse were forced to depart, they destroyed the Governor’s Bastion and evacuated to the Portuguese colony of Brazil, where they founded a new settlement called Nova Mazagão. El Jadida was then taken over by Sultan Mohammed Ben Abdallah in 1769 and remained uninhabited, having been dubbed al-Mahdouma (The Ruined). Eventually, Sultan Abd al-Rahman of Morocco ordered that a mosque be built and the destroyed portions of the city rebuilt. The reinvigorated city was renamed El-Jadida, or The Newest. This tour is an opportunity to enjoy the visit of this seaside city, and admire the architecture of the citadel and ramparts, “la Porte de la Mer”, or the sea gate where ships unloaded their cargo and from where the Portuguese finally departed. The “Cité Portuguese” – El Jadida’s main sight- and the “Citerne Portuguese”.
End of the visit and transfer back to your hotel or port in Casablanca.
El Jadida Day Trip from Casablanca :
- Tour Rates :
All published rates are quoted in USD, per person per booking, and are valid all year round, except during Christmas and New Year breaks.
The minimum and max price depend on the number of travellers for each tour booking.
- Children Policy:
00-01.99: Free of charge
02-11.99: Until 50% discount, depending on the tour
12+: is considered as an adult
- How to book your Tour:
- To book a prearranged tour, (a) select it and click on the “BOOK NOW” icon located under the “DETAILS” page of the tour, you will have to enter your travel date, select how many persons are travelling with you, before to continue the booking process.
(b) You can also book your tour at our booking page BOOK NOW.
- To customize a published tour, or to inquire for a specific tailor made tour, please fill the following form FREE INQUIRY
- Payment Policy:
Bookings should be done as early as possible to reserve your desired visit to Morocco; all the included services will be booked and secured upon receiving a deposit of at least of 30% (depending on each tour), this deposit constitutes a part of your final payment. The remaining balance should be paid according to the conditions of each booking.
Deposits can be made according to the following conditions:
- Minimum of 25% deposit for bookings made 30 days before tour date
- Full payment fore bookings made less that 29 days to arrival date.
- For Christmas and New Year holidays, the required deposit is 100%.
- In case of high occupancy and/or if a specific payment conditions are requested by hotels/providers, a special payment terms will apply to the concerned booking file.
- Tour Voucher:
Once your tour is confirmed, you will receive our final confirmation and voucher to print and bring with you. This voucher will include all the necessary details such as Pure Morocco representative contact and emergency phone number.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy:
We will do everything possible to meet your needs. We recommend all our customers to buy travel insurances in case of interruption, accidents, illness, or anything that may happen.
If a booking must be cancelled, cancellation fee may apply as per the below outlined conditions:
- No cancellation fee when cancellation is made 21 days in advance of the travel date
- Between 21 and 14 days in advance of your travel date: 50% cancellation fee.
- Between 14 and 7 days in advance of your travel date: 75% cancellation fee.
- From 7 days to your travel date: 100% cancellation fee.
- No refunds are possible in the case of no show and/or after the tour starts
- Morocco Entry Visa:
A valid passport at least 6 months beyond your scheduled return date to enter Morocco is needed. Entry visas to Morocco can be obtained from Morocco Consulate before departure.
If you are a citizen of one of the listed countries, here below, you don’t need a visa to enter Morocco for the purpose of tourism for up to 3 months: United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Denmark, Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland. For more info and details on entry visa to Morocco please check with the Moroccan consulate or embassy at your country.
Tips to drivers and guides are not mandatory but expected. There is no standard amount for tipping in Morocco, and like many countries, you have to go on your gut feeling based on the service you get.