Rabat Day Trip from Fez
Rabat it is located in the northern area of the country, along the Atlantic coast, on the left bank of the mouth of Bouregreg, opposite the city of Salé.
Rabat day trip from Fez will lead you to discover the main sites of Rabat: such as, the Kasbah of Oudaias, the Hassan Tower and the ruins of 200 columns, the Chellah Necropolis, the Mohamed V Mausoleum, the medina and more!
Rabat day tour from Fez is the political and administrative center of the country where the royal palace, government agencies and embassies are located. It’s one of the four imperial cities of Morocco.
Book your Rabat day trip from Fez, or ask our travel consultant to tailor made your tours in Morocco!!!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||From/To your hotel|
|DEPARTURE TIME||7:00 AM|
|RETURN TIME||7:00 PM (approxi.)|
AC TransportationTour Guide
TippingNon Specified Services
Pure Morocco driver will pick you up from your hotel in Fez and departure to Rabat via the highway. Upon arrival, you will be joind by your local guide before and then start the visit. This visit will start at Chellah or Sala Colonia which is a necropolis and complex of ancient Roman Mauritania Tingitana and medieval ruins at the outskirts of Rabat; it is the most ancient human settlement on the mouth of the Bouregreg River. Next you will have the chance to see the Hassan Tower which is the minaret of an incompleted mosque, this tower was intended to be the largest minaret in the world along with its mosque but the work stopped just after the death of Yaakub Al Mansour. Other wonderful places to visit are:
- Mohammed V mausoleum: is a historical building located on the opposite side of Yaakub Al Mansour esplanade. It contains the tombs of the Moroccan king Mohammed V and his two sons, late King Hassan II and Prince Abdallah. The building is considered a masterpiece of modern Alaouite dynasty architecture, with its white silhouette, topped by a typical green tiled roof, green being the color of Islam. A reader of the Koran is often present, having his assigned seat. Its construction was completed in 1971. Hassan II was buried there following his death in 1999.
- Ouddayas Kasbah: is a Kasbah at the mouth of the Bouregreg River, it was built in the twelfth century by the Almohads who called it “Al Mahdia” in reference to their leader Al Mahdi Ben Tumurt. Originally this Kasbah was a Ribat (a military defense). And later the Kasbah gave its name to the whole city.
- Kasbah Ouddayas: is a city within a city, a little city apart in Rabat. In 2012 it was inscribed on the list of World Heritage of UNESCO as a cultural asset along with other sites in the city.
Optional Lunch. Your guide will recommend you some good Moroccan restaurants in Rabat. After having some time to rest, the whole afternoon will be devoted to the discovery of the Medina which is the old part of Rabat city: Here you can immerse yourself in the beautiful cacophony of the colored Souks.
End of the visit and transfer back to your hotel in Fez.
- Rabat Day Trip from Fez Tour Rates :
Price per pax
|349 USD||179 USD||123 USD||100 USD||86 USD|
All rates are listed in USD per person per trip and are valid all year round, except during Christmas and New Year breaks.
- Children Policy:
00 – 01.99: Free of charge
02 – 11.99: Until 50% discount, depending on the tour
12+: is considered as an adult
- Payment Policy:
Bookings should be done as early as possible to reserve your desired visit to Morocco; all the included services will be booked and secured upon receiving a deposit of at least of 30% (depending on each tour), this deposit constitutes a part of your final payment. The remaining balance will be paid on arrival to your tour leader/driver.
Deposits can be made according to the following conditions:
- By Credit Card.
- By bank transfer, when booking is made at least 15 days before arrival.
- By Western Union or Paypal, when bookings are made at least 7 days before arrival.
- By Western Union, when bookings are made at least 3 days before arrival.
During the Christmas and New Year holidays, the required deposit is 100%.
- Tour Voucher:
Once your tour is confirmed, you will receive our final confirmation and voucher to print and bring with you. This voucher will include all the necessary details such as Pure Morocco representative contact and emergency phone number.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy:
We will do everything possible to meet your needs. We recommend all our customers to buy travel insurances in case of interruption, accidents, illness, or anything that may happen.
If a booking must be canceled, cancellation fee may apply as per the below outlined conditions:
- No cancellation fee when calncellation is made 14 days in advance of the travel date
- Between 7 and 14 days in advance of your travel date: 25% cancellation fee.
- Between 3 and 6 days in advance of your travel date: 50% cancellation fee.
- Within 2 days of your travel date: 100% cancellation fee.
- No refunds are possible in the case of a no show and/or after the tours start.
- Morocco Entry Visa:
A valid passport at least 6 months beyond your scheduled return date to enter Morocco is needed. Entry visas to Morocco can be obtained from Morocco Consulate before departure.
If you are a citizen of one of the listed countries, here below, you don’t need a visa to enter Morocco for the purpose of tourism for up to 3 months: United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Denmark, Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland…and others. For more info and details on entry visa to Morocco please check with the Moroccan consulate or embassy at your country.
Tips to drivers and guides are not mandatory but expected. There is no standard amount for tipping in Morocco, and like many countries, you have to go on your gut feeling based on the service you get.