Rabat Day Trip from Fez
Rabat it is located in the northern area of the country, along the Atlantic coast, on the left bank of the mouth of Bouregreg, opposite the city of Salé.
Rabat day trip from Fez will lead you to discover the main sites of Ribat: such as, the Kasbah of Oudaias, the Hassan Tower and the ruins of 200 columns, the Chellah Necropolis, the Mohamed V Mausoleum, the medina and more!
Rabat day tour from Fez is the political and administrative center of the country where the royal palace, government agencies and embassies are located. It’s one of the four imperial cities of Morocco.
Book your Rabat day trip from Fez, or ask our travel consultant to tailor made your tours in Morocco!!!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||From/To your Hotel/Riad in Fez|
|DEPARTURE TIME||7:00 AM|
|RETURN TIME||7:00 PM (approxi.)|
AC TransportationTour Guide
TippingNon Specified Services
Rabat Day Trip from Fez Itinerary :
Pure Morocco driver will pick you up from your hotel in Fez and departure to Rabat via the highway. Upon arrival, you will be joind by your local guide before and then start the visit. This visit will start at Chellah or Sala Colonia which is a necropolis and complex of ancient Roman Mauritania Tingitana and medieval ruins at the outskirts of Rabat; it is the most ancient human settlement on the mouth of the Bouregreg River. Next you will have the chance to see the Hassan Tower which is the minaret of an incompleted mosque, this tower was intended to be the largest minaret in the world along with its mosque but the work stopped just after the death of Yaakub Al Mansour. Other wonderful places to visit are:
- Mohammed V mausoleum: is a historical building located on the opposite side of Yaakub Al Mansour esplanade. It contains the tombs of the Moroccan king Mohammed V and his two sons, late King Hassan II and Prince Abdallah. The building is considered a masterpiece of modern Alaouite dynasty architecture, with its white silhouette, topped by a typical green tiled roof, green being the color of Islam. A reader of the Koran is often present, having his assigned seat. Its construction was completed in 1971. Hassan II was buried there following his death in 1999.
- Ouddayas Kasbah: is a Kasbah at the mouth of the Bouregreg River, it was built in the twelfth century by the Almohads who called it “Al Mahdia” in reference to their leader Al Mahdi Ben Tumurt. Originally this Kasbah was a Ribat (a military defense). And later the Kasbah gave its name to the whole city.
- Kasbah Ouddayas: is a city within a city, a little city apart in Rabat. In 2012 it was inscribed on the list of World Heritage of UNESCO as a cultural asset along with other sites in the city.
Optional Lunch. Your guide will recommend you some good Moroccan restaurants in Rabat. After having some time to rest, the whole afternoon will be devoted to the discovery of the Medina which is the old part of Rabat city: Here you can immerse yourself in the beautiful cacophony of the colored Souks.
End of the visit and transfer back to your hotel in Fez.
Full Day Rabat Day Trip from Fez Rates :
- Tour Rates :
All published rates are quoted in USD, per person per booking, and are valid all year round, except during Christmas and New Year breaks.
The minimum and max price depend on the number of travellers for each tour booking.
- Children Policy:
00-05.99: Free of charge
06-11.99: Up to 65% discount, depending on the tour
12+: is considered as an adult
- How to book your Tour:
- To book a prearranged tour, (a) select it and click on the “BOOK NOW” icon located under the “DETAILS” page of the tour. Select your travel date, number of persons travelling with you, and to continue the booking process until the confirmation.
- You can also book your tour at our booking page BOOK NOW.
- To customize a published tour, or to inquire for a specific tailor made-tour, please use the TOUR QUOTE